How to setup Nicecast on Apple Mac OSX
Nicecast is unique mp3 web casting software from Rogue Amoeba . It can work with most audio applications on Mac OS X including iTunes. The Plug-In architecture supports sophisticated functionality including live voice-over. Because Nicecast supports Icecast protocols for webcasting, it is compatible with Darwin/QuickTime Streaming Server.
The steps to configure Nicecast to webcast through DSS/QTSS are:
- Launch Nicecast.
- Display the Nicecast server configuration window by selecting Nicecast Server from the Window menu.
- The server window lets you define:
- A name for your reference.
- The Server Type (Icecast 1 for use with Darwin/QuickTime Streaming Server. Nicecast also supports Shoutcast, Icecast 2 and Live365).
- The IP address or DNS name of the server. This is the address of the DSS/QTSS that will reflect the stream.
- The port number (8001 works well with Darwin/QuickTime Streaming Server).
- The mount point. The streaming server supports multiple mount points, so you can reflect more than one incoming webcast using different port numbers.
- The broadcast password - you do not enter a username when using Icecast 1 protocols.
Nicecast support live voice over providing a method to mix live audio with audio streaming from an application such as iTunes. This capability is accessed from the Effects Window:
Once you have added the Voice Over effect, you can configure the input from the voice over window:
Nicecast also supports archiving. Your webcasts can be saved directly to mp3 files via the Nicecast Archiving window:
All other settings for your webcast can be configured from the Nicecast Broadcast window. When you have everything configured, click the "Start Broadcast" button to start webcasting.
Was this answer helpful?
Radio streams are encoded (compressed) to a ‘bitrate’. The bitrate simply refers to the audio...
Absolutely yes! using our AutoDJ playlist that is included on all our plans which allows you to...
So you have your AutoDJ playing in Centova Cast control panel and know that if you have ShoutCast...
We provide scripts and flash players to easily integrate your radio on your existing website such...
the setting should look like this:Host: IP adress (as appears in your caster CP) Port: port...