How do I get listed on Windows Media Guide?
This article will assist you in getting your station listed on Windows Media Guide. Please follow the information below and ensure you are meeting their guidelines.
Windows Media Guide is a hude directory of thousands of radio stations. These can be local stations, and online only radio stations. It allows people to search for specific artists, tracks, albums, generes, plus more. It is always in any stations best interest to get listed on at the very least the large station directories as it could increase your listener count quite a bit.
How to get listed on Windows Media Guide Instructions:
Please ensure that the below criteria are met and then submit that information via email to email@example.com. Even though you may meet all of the criteria, Doscast cannot make any guarantees that your stream will actually get listed without any issues or follow ups. Please allow them 7 days for a response and/or listing to be accepted.
"Thank you for your interest in becoming a valued Windows Media Radio Guide partner. In order for us to consider your request, please submit the following for review:
- Your station name:
- Your business name:
- Your web site address :
- Your country or territory :
- Please confirm that your station complies with your applicable territories’ (country’s) laws:
- Please confirm your station is 24×7:
- What is your current user traffic to your station(s)?
- How many stations do you currently have and what genres?
- A direct streaming link to the station you are submitting:
We only accept partners whose streams meet the following (technical) guidelines:
- No HTML view or embedded players. To remove HTMLView, do a search of your ASX file on “HTMLView” to find something like the following:Simply remove this line from your ASX file.
- No pop ups or prompts of any kind. If your stream is prompting, you may want to check your MIME type settings on your Web server, and on your Web browser. (To set the correct MIME type on the client computer, you may have to reinstall Windows Media Player or change your settings manually. To do so, please refer to your browser documentation.)
- No AAC and AAC+. Also, .pls files are not supported natively but we do accept mp3 files.
- WMG does not link to blogs, search aggregator sites, and community or any social networking sites.
It is your responsibility to make sure that your streaming links comply with our technical guidelines. We do not offer any technical support.
A decision regarding your submission will be returned to you within 7 business days.
Windows Media Radio Guide Team"
Was this answer helpful?
Getting your stream listed on iTunes is a bit more involved process than most of the other...
After setting up your station it may take the Shoutcast directory up to 24 hours to receive and...
Generate your free HTML5 Radio Player code for your site A top-notch responsive Radio...